- Posted by admin
- On January 20, 2021
- 0 Comments
Western Thatch Ants
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park houses Western Thatch Ants. At the moment of the season these ants are extremely active so please respect these normal bugs and give a wide berth to any unneeded disruption of these domiciles, that are in the shape of mounds. Please keep all food sealed and stored away you should definitely being used, and employ garbage and bins that are recycling get rid of waste. These actions can help avoid any undesirable connection with these small animals.
Dogs aren’t allowed on coastline areas.
Pets/domestic pets must certanly be for a leash and in order all times.
you will be accountable for their behavior and must get rid of their excrement. Pets aren’t allowed into the beach that is day-use associated with the park. Animals are permitted from the coastline next to the campground between might 1 and February 14, nevertheless they must certanly be for a leash. Please observe posted indications (see park map).
About Any Of It Park
Majestic old-growth trees, gorgeous ocean sunsets plus an inviting, wide sandy coastline with campsites nestled amongst mature Douglas fir trees makes Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in Parksville among the leading getaway locations on Vancouver Island.
At low tide the ocean recedes very nearly a kilometre, supplying a place that is ideal site visitors of all of the many years to relax and play into the sand and explore the shoreline. If the tide rolls in on the sun-baked sand, the warmed water is unbeatable for swimming and sodium water enjoyable.
Rathtrevor Beach is ideal for a family outing that is relaxed. Just stay straight straight back and immerse the seaside atmosphere up and take a walk through the wooded upland area associated with park. All campsites are in just a walk that is 5-minute the two km stretch of sandy coastline. The park additionally features a big day-use area, ideal for a day picnic.
Bird watching can also be a popular task during the park, especially in the springtime whenever more and more seabirds congregate for the annual herring spawn.
During February, March and April, Rathtrevor Beach can be among the best spots in the Island to see the migrating Brant geese.
Know Prior To Going
- It is a really park that is popular year-round. Throughout the summer season (between your week that is last of and Labour Day in September), reservations are needed. From May 15th to your the other day of June, reservations are strongly suggested. Although reservations are expected within the summer period, unclaimed or unreserved web sites may be accessible on per night to evening foundation. Please talk to the park operator.
- Alternate camping room might be around at nearby Englishman River Falls Provincial Park (13 kilometer) or Little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park (24 kilometer). Both these parks additionally accept reservations.
- This park won’t have a motorboat launch. The closest launch are at French Creek Marina, 8 kilometer north of this park on Hwy 19a.
All campsite, team campsite and group picnic shelter reservations should be made through Discover Camping. Whenever reservations aren’t available, all campsites work as first-come, first-served.
Campsite reservations are accepted only at that park. All drive-in and walk-in campsites are reservable; there are not any first-come, first-served web sites.
Group Campsite Reservations
Group campsite reservations are accepted for the group campsites through Discover Camping.
Group Picnic Shelter Reservations
Location and Maps
Please be aware: Any maps detailed are for information just; they might not represent boundaries that are legal shouldn’t be useful for navigation.
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park is located 3 kilometer south of Parksville on Hwy 19a, on main Vancouver Island. Simply just Take exit #51 from the Inland Island Highway (Hwy #19) and signs that are follow the park. The closest communities are Parksville, Qualicum and Nanaimo.
Maps and Brochures
Any maps detailed are for information just; they could maybe not express boundaries that are legal really should not be employed for navigation.
Culture and nature
- History: Rathtrevor took its title through the Irish family members who homesteaded with this land. William Rath, a silver prospector, arrived in 1886 along with his young spouse and child child. A log was built by them cabin, cleared the land, as well as in 1895 they built the barn. William passed away in 1903, leaving Elizabeth the farm and five kiddies. She turned out to be an industrious individual, effectively operating the farm and in the end running it as being a campground. The suffix вЂњtrevorвЂќ was put into supply the campground a far more name that is lyrical. Rathtrevor Campground became Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in 1967 and even though much has changed since William and Elizabeth first arrived, its importance and beauty will likely be preserved for the continued enjoyment.
- Wildlife: a few types of wildlife is seen within the park, including deer, raccoons, squirrels, otters, mink, eagles, osprey, hawks, vultures, owls, and shore that is many migratory wild wild wild birds that utilize the park area in their springtime and autumn migrations. The essential famous shore that is migratory will be the Brant geese (Branta bernicla) whom utilize the beaches of Rathtrevor and Craig Bay as staging and feeding areas throughout their springtime migration to north Canada and Alaska.
- Management Preparing Information
- Rathtrevor Provincial Park Management Arrange PDF 1.96MBDisclaimer:This is maybe not the management planning product that is original. This document has been scanned through the format that is original of plan. It might probably include some formatting modifications, though the content is in keeping with the first.
Activities Offered At this Park
Animals on Leash
Facilities Offered At this Park
Drinking Tap Water
You can find 6 team campsites as of this park. Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 are positioned off Rath path simply beyond the management building, before you reach the day-use parking lots.
These websites are positioned in a field that is open with picnic tables, fire rings, flush toilets/change building and a brand new clean place with fresh water.
Group web Sites 5 & 6 are found in the future from Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 within the parking that is old 4 area. Group campsites are available from might 12 to October 15. Reservation information В»
Youth group camping costs per night are $1/person (6+), by having a $50 minimum and $150 optimum. See the Youth Group policy about Criteria for Youth Groups.
Regular group camping fees per are the beds base price for the website, that is $120.00/group night site/night, plus $5/adult (16+, minimal fee for 15 grownups), plus $1/child (6-15). Kids under 6 are free!
This park has a sizable day-use/picnic area near the beach and ocean with 3 parking lots, 75 picnic tables, 2 reservable picnic shelters, pit toilets, two 2 flush toilet/change structures, walking tracks as well as an adventure play ground. Reservation information В»